Sunday, February 1, 2009

A heavy but thankful heart.


Not sure how exactly how to say what I would like to say with our revealing to much, but enough for you to understand. Knowing that many of you who read this might try to read between the blanks and figure it out to see if you can piece the details together to figure it all out........ all I can say is please don't try. The whole point of the following story is to get a glimpse into the hearts of a mother and a brother who are falling more in love with a little girl each day. The three of us were able to spend some time together this weekend, experiencing another first for Jennifer. All was going quite well until a person, who I truly believe just made a poor choice-scared Jennifer beyond words. I do not think I have seen her quite this scared. My heart hurt for her, tears filled my eyes as they poured from hers. I believe with out a shadow of a doubt that I love her the same as my biological children-but that whole concept seems a bit crazy-especially knowing she has only been in our house about six weeks. However, when God places a child in your heart it is immediate. My reaction to this situation shook me up a bit. I guess because it was such an instinctual reaction.  As I held her, trying to comfort her and let her know we would keep her safe. Her brother was right by her side. He left all of the action and immediately came to her side. His face was so sad to see his sister hurting. He said "Mama, I don't think that (person) is very nice." Trying to teach him, what I am trying to learn, I responded with "Their action was not nice, that doesn't make that person mean." What he said next broke my heart and made me so proud at the same time. He said "Mama, I think it is time to go, let's leave......now." He proceeded to be the bigger man, thanked some people for their hospitality and gathered our stuff and stayed by his sister's side. As we were walking to the car Jennifer realized she had left something, Big Brother immediately offered his and said you can have it-with a smile on his face.
What I have learned from this all:  I do indeed wholeheartedly love our newest child, our son is a remarkable young man-who takes care of his sisters, and the attitude of our family comes first is being lived out. 

(This picture shows a glimpse of their love for each other, taken during one of our 'dance parties'.)

2 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

It is hard as a parent to watch our children hurt. You have a sweet special family, formed together by Something more than yourself. Being a kid is tough in it's own way. Your situation may add to that in ways; trust, faith and love will always win over cruelty and mean-ness. Where good is at work, evil will try to introduce itself. Stay strong and faithful that all will work out as intended. Prayers and hugs for you all!

Kristin said...

Hi! I am having trouble getting an appointment with the emabassy. Do you have a number for Peter you could email me or tell me how you did it? I spoke with someone today and they said he was at the window and couldn't talk. I think I should go there tomorrow. Did you just go without an appt. or did you have one? Email me at kristinjag@comcast.net or kjagodzinske@yahoo.com
Thanks so much! my number here is 0266651016 if that works better.