Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Best Birthday Present Ever!!!!

I was awoken today by the smell of breakfast being cooked! Since I am usually the first one up, out for a run and out of the shower by the time there is stirring in the house-this was AMAZING! Tony and the girls were cooking breakfast while my little man was choosing to snuggle in bed with me :) Hearing the girls and their excitement was so fun. I had to announce my coming down the hall so they could all 'get ready' for the big reveal of the present. If you know me very well I am not one to need/want elaborate gifts. To me the time and effort one puts into a 'gift' is what means the most to me. For example a homemade card instead of one bought at the local store on the way home from work means more to me ;) This sometimes-ok all the time challenges Tony-he would much prefer me loving jewelry. He likes to spend money on me-which I am grateful for. He has learned, however, over the almost 13 years of marriage that planning ahead for me means the most. Putting a little time and effort/attention into doing/buying something for me speaks volumes. Well he has raised the bar of my expectations. At the end of January we had a friend take our family pictures. She is an amazing photographer and incredible with kids, especially trying to get all four to not to look like like they are miserable having their pictures made. (See some of her work at www.trinagibbinsphotography.com) And hopefully you will get to see some more of her work when we get more pics. So a few WEEKS ago-yes that is right WEEKS ago-Tony ordered a canvas of the kids for our wall! He picked the picture, sought the Grandmas advice, contacted and listened to Trina's suggestions.......He and the kids have been able to keep it a surprise for weeks-I was so surprised! The kids were so excited to watch me open it. What a wonderful start to my birthday-I have a wonderful family who all worked together to surprise and honor Mommy-woo hoo!!!

(My pictures of the canvas does not even begin to do it justice-but I just had to share)
 

5 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday - I am right there with you on the jewelry! Looks like an awesome picture.

Anonymous said...

that is adorable!!! and how wonderful it will be to be able to look up at those life size angelic faces of theirs when they are being...well...less than angelic ;-)

oh...who am i kidding?? the waggoner bunch is always angelic!!!

and way to go tony!!

missy

Anonymous said...

I love it. Best gift ever.
Aunt M

The Goodnights said...

Trina is a gifted photographer! Wow. What a great present Tony.

Lisa Laxton said...

It is great. They all look very natural and super happy. It is a great pic! Hope the rest of your day went as well as it started!