Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A proud mommy moment.


I want to share a little moment that happened a few days ago with our Princess. Tony and I were just talking about how big she is getting and growing up to fast for our liking. This is another example of her growing up- all the kids were in the backyard jumping on the trampoline and she came in crying and went to her room. I could tell by the way she was crying it was one of those 'I am exhausted and not dealing well with something', so I gave her the space she needed. When she came out she had pulled herself together and went to face 'the cause' for her tears. She walked up to Big Sister and said "When you did blah, blah, blah.........it really hurt my feelings. I didn't like it and I don't want you to do it again." WOW!!!! This kid just turned 5! I can name many adults who can't/won't do this. I beamed with pride. Big Sister did apologize and I am sure felt a bit bad-look at this cute face wouldn't you feel bad to see it full of tears and know you caused it ;) I told little Miss Princess that evening how proud I was of her for being able to pull herself together, use her words and stand up for herself. I also told her there were many grown women who could not do what she just had done. I told her she was very big and acted in a very grown up way........then she beamed with pride. :) 

What a great kid!

5 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

Aw...what a big girl! It was also very mature of big sister to apologize and not turn it into a tit for tad or argument. Here is a pat on the back for both of them! :)

Liz said...

That is quite impressive!

Anonymous said...

Great Job Mom..... Both girls handeled it very well. They are adorable.
Aunt M

LaVon Baker said...

JJ, I think we've met, maybe once. My daughter is LaNae who played at OU back in 92-96. We LOVE your mama. Anyway... this story about your little princess caused a lump in my heart, made my nose burn and tears form in my eyes. Just from reading your blog (your mom sent me the link), my heart swells with pride for Paula and Connell... you are an amazing Christian woman, mommy and wife. I might also add that you married a PRINCE.
You are doing an amazing job with your blog!!

Mom to Four said...

LaVon,
Thanks so much for your kind words! I love my momma a whole bunch too! ;) Glad you are enjoying reading our blog.