Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One smart little girl

Actually all three of our girls are bright little women, but this story is about the Princess. She had to go shopping with me today-because yes one kid is better than taking all four to the store. That being said she is the one who usually gets a treat for being dragged all around town running my errands with me. Sometimes that is as simple as hot chocolate or picking what and where we eat lunch. Sometimes, like today she wonders the aisles of the little girls clothes. This girl loves to shop and always has. Whether shoes or clothes, she even loves the 'art' of shopping even when she leaves empty handed. This is not something she learned from her mommy-for sure. So today, while we were in Target she spotted a cute skirt she thought she needed to take a closer look at. Indeed, it was cute. There was one in black and one in white and she wanted both. I told her she could pick one. Her response "Mommy I think J would like one too". How thoughtful of her, so I said you are right I bet she would like one. So Miss Princess puts one of each in the cart and we continue on for the things on our list. She says "Mom I think I will wear the black one first and J can wear the white one.........then we can switch." What a bright girl-she wanted both, knows her sister and her wear basically the same size, so she suggests getting one for each-of course with different colors so she will have both to wear! :) I guess this would be a day she is thankful for a sister who is the same size. They plan are wearing their new skirts tomorrow. I will try my best to take a picture in the morning and get a pic posted-I am sure they will look adorable.

4 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

You have some very sweet and thoughtful kiddos...one will just happen to benefit from her thoughtfulness and that is okay too!

Liz said...

She is very smart!

Anonymous said...

How sweet and smart. Bet she got the shopping thing from Aunt Melba. My Kylie loves to shop too, when I would stay with them in Texas while her Mom and Dad were out of town, even going to the grocery store would work for her. She would pick out what we were going to cook for dinner. Most kids don't like shopping. I bet the girls look adorable this morning.
Love and Kisses to all.
Aunt M

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect plan to me!!!!

Missy