Monday, February 23, 2009

A new discovery


Gum has become a bit of an addiction in our house recently. Jennifer even tucked hers in a place (behind her ear) to save for after teeth brushing. Well to Big Sister this was just a bit to gross, who came hollering down the hall to fill me in on the event. Once I explained to her why I thought Jennifer had put her gum in a safe saving place-she realized, yet again, how different life in Ghana living in an orphanage really is. She went back down the hall and told her sister, Mom would always have more gum. :) Little did she know my plan. This constant asking for gum by at least 2 of our children has become a little bit annoying to me, so I decided that when the gum package was empty, I wouldn't buy anymore. So I will no longer have to say "No, you may not have gum now" as we are sitting down to eat dinner, or in the morning headed out the door to school, or at other times I just don't want to hear the popping sounds of gum. Surely this is a right as a mother-having the ability to say no to gum ;) 

The other day Jennifer was given a Blow Pop sucker, you know the kind with the gum in the middle. After sucking for about 15 minutes, she said "Mommy, there is something in this sucker." Instead of ruining the surprise, I told her to just keep sucking and she would discover what it was. A few minutes later, screaming from the backseat, "MOMMY THERE IS GUM IN THIS SUCKER!!!" She was so excited and of course now asks when I say we don't have any gum, "Can I have a sucker?" Smart girl she is.

2 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

Blow pops are great! That is one thing I still get for me every once in a blue moon!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Smart girl.
Aunt M