Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our Date


While the girls were out dancing, I had a date with my one and only little boy. He is such a gentleman! Dad had made sure he had enough money in his pockets and he said we could go anywhere I wanted. Of course he had a few suggestions, to which I picked his favorite. Spaghetti Warehouse in Bricktown sitting in the trolley. He opened all the doors and pulled out my chair and even unwrapped my silverware and opened my straw for me. He is going to be quite the ladies man. One might think little girls are chatty but he did a pretty good job keeping my ears busy. He shared a lot of memories with me, I am truly amazed at what he remembers. I do hope he continues to talk to me this much as he grows up. After dinner we went on a carriage ride, his idea. We snuggled up to stay warm, it was an incredible night for a stroll through the city. We held hands almost all night.  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my date. We decided we should have a date more often, whether there is a dance for the girls or not. We even have pictures to remember our fun evening-courtesy of a photo booth. His favorite of the four.......him kissing mommy :)

One of my favorite moments was on the drive home, as we held hands, I was asking him some of his favorite things. I asked him who his favorite buddies were in his kindergarten class. He named one little guy and his sister! I said really-Jennifer? Such a sweet response "Of course she is my buddy" I asked him if he liked having her in his class and he said yes even though she doesn't always do what she is supposed to. He also said he stands up for her when people forget she is new to America. What a sweet little boy, who wants his sister in class with him next year. Guess we will have to wait and see if that thought stays the same ;)

6 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

Sounds like the evening was a special memory for the whole family. It is really neat.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and Kade. Thanks for sharing. Such great memories for all of you.
Aunt Melba

Renee said...

I saw Carrie had the link to your blog on her site and had to check it out.

Your date sounds just perfect and the pictures of Tony and the girls are great. What a fantastic night of memories for the whole family!

Congratulations on the adoption!
Renee

Mom to Four said...

Glad you 'stopped by' Renee. Hope you are all doing well. I get to hear updates occasionally from Carrie.

Bebe said...

We claim him:)

Mom to Four said...

Bebe-Tony wondered how long it would take for you to lay your claim to him ;) We're all in agreement-what wonderful in-laws and holidays :)