Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why Am I Not Getting it?!

Ever have one of those days when no matter where you look, what you hear, what you read, conversations had- all have the same 'theme'. I am having one of those days, actually one of those weeks. So apparently, God is trying to teach me something and I am being a really slower learner in acquiring/receiving the knowledge. I am trying to be still and make time to seek and listen to Him, trying to have an open heart and willing ears to hear but am struggling. Struggling to make the time, struggling to keep my mind focused, struggling to learn what God is throwing at me thru friends, strangers, songs, scriptures, writings, etc. I guess as a mother of four, I am so used to multitasking my brain can't seem to function while focusing on just one thing. Why oh why am I not 'getting it'? Praise God that He is ever faithful and doesn't give up on us and He will continue using anything and everything to get my attention. I often wonder what would happen if I heard His voice saying the words I say to my children-"Look at my eyes, hear my words.....listen and obey" You think I would 'get it' then?!?

No comments: