Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sad news...


This little girl's story was so incredibly heart breaking, as I learned what she had had to endure at such a young age, I was both sad and angry. As I looked back thru my pictures of her, I thought about the first time I met her. She could be described as quiet, a bit reserved and a bit 'empty'.....this precious child was brought to J's orphanage after being found alone, next to her mother's dead body. I cannot even begin to imagine all of the emotions this small child has endured, the stress, the heartache, the loneliness, the overwhelming fear.....I got word today that Hannah is no longer enduring any of these feelings. She has passed away, from an illness that was treatable if she had received the medical attention she needed. Once again, hearing her story makes me both sad and angry. Sad her life has ended so young, angry that if she had received the proper medical attention she would still be alive. So many thoughts and questions have flooded my mind today-one I would like to share-the thought that perhaps once again she can be found in her mother's arms, together forever.
Definitely struggling knowing Hannah's story is not unique-there are too many hurting children in our world, too many sick, too many who are parentless, too many who are forgotten.

No comments: