Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Sweet Smile....

Brother was sitting at my computer watching the screen saver scrolling through all the pictures. He was enjoying all the memories, seeing faces of friends who have moved away, remembering fun had on vacations, etc. I was enjoying watching his many expressions and giggles. I was cleaning the kitchen and he was giving me a running commentary of the pictures. He became silent, so I turned to see why-he had the sweetest smile on his face. I asked him what picture he was looking at. He said "This little boy Momma" as he pointed to the screen. The picture was of a boy I had captured a picture of during a trip to Ghana. "Why does that picture make you smile?" I asked. So sincerely he said "I was thinking about what it would be like if he was my brother.....I really wish I had a brother." He has been asking for a brother for quite some time, he reminds me to pray about it, he is. The last trip to Ghana, he said "Momma, I know you are not going to 'get' a brother, but could you please just be on the lookout for one. I have some baseballs and things I would like for you to take to some boys for me please." Upon my return after a big hug and a few stories shared, he asked "So....did God tell you that there was a little boy who needed to be a part of the Waggoner family?"
This little guy continues to amaze me with his incredible sweet spirit, his love for life and his ability to live every moment to the fullest.

No comments: