Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Car Conversations....

Been a long week around here with little Princess having a fever since Sunday, but figured if I needed to take the time to post a little something so here are bits and pieces of some of the conversations taking place in our car (where we spend a minimum of an hour a day).

Princess: talking about a trip to the store "the isle was temporarily closed....only employees were allowed to go in it"
Brother: "Wow....you used some big words.....must be from all that reading you are doing now"

Big Sister: "You are working really hard at annoying me and ruining my day, and I am not going to let you....so stop talking 'cause I am not listening to you" (I will let you figure out who that statement was directed to)

Brother: (venting about his frustration with missions being cancelled due to the violence in Mexico) The people in Mexico who are hurting and shooting people for no reason better stop before I grow up"
Me: "Why is that?"
Brother: "Because I am going to serve in the army and I will tell everyone that is not fair....or ok.....they better watch out because when I come over there they will have to listen to me when I tell them to put their guns down..........there are people that want to help Mexico and these crazy people are in the way"

J:"Will you read this book to me?"
Brother: "Ummm....it has fairies on it"
J: "It's a comic book....just like the ones you like"
Brother: "Well...I guess I will read a page, but if it's too girlie you are on your own"

Now headed to bed and hoping for a full night's sleep........

1 comment:

Locketts said...

I always wanted a Big Sister and Big Brother. Stories like this only make me wish harder:) I hope Big Brother powered through the fairy story.