Monday, January 26, 2009

2 Parties in 1!!!





Woo-Hoo!!!! for a brother and sister who have birthdays 8 days apart, who want the same kind of party, and want a joint party!!!! What a mommy's dream :) Both kiddos wanted a skating party and had decided that last year about a week after their parties. So not only was it an easy party to get ready for (thanks to the grandparents) it was easy to 'plan'. Reminds me that God is indeed in control of the little things in life. I have been the recipient of the stomach bug that has taken up residence in the Waggoner house-so an easy party was the only kind that would have taken place yesterday. Amazing how these two decided a year ago about this party, all before we even new there was a little girl in Ghana who was waiting to meet her forever family. Even before returning to America with their new sibling 4 days before Christmas. The last month and a half has been quite busy in our house- four of our 6 birthdays have been celebrated, Jennifer has started school, and all are making adjustments to living with 6 family members......I think I am ready for some 'routine' days, if those really exist, but feeling very blessed by the many blessings we have been given. Yes,  even for the stomach bug-which has made me see how once again God is in control, not me. For those of you who have followed our journey closely-you are probably laughing about once again me not being in control.

Back to the party, we had a blast and I am not sure if the kids or the adults had more fun skating. I would consider it a successful party-fun had by all and no one went to the emergency room, even with Tony taking out his mom. Our little Ghanian has found something she loves too-there might be another skating party in our future. I am sure she gets the prize for the best dancer on skates. (maybe some pictures in the future)

2 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

We have 2 Feb and 2 Aug birthdays..it was awesome when the boys were younger and we would just have one party. Of course, we don't have the same parties we used too now. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree....a great party! We had a ball :-)

Missy