Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dinner Time


Tonight at dinner the Princess shared something she had learned at school. (a little background before you think I feed my kids only junk......we had a huge lunch after church so no one was really hungry for dinner but I knew we all needed something in our bellies or we would be rising at 2AM with grumbling tummies) So as we are fine dining on chicken nuggets, fruit, asparagus and cheese puffs...Princess proudly holds up a cheese puff that is extra long that is shaped like an "S". She says "Look I have an extra long puff and it is shaped like an S" We all admire and are a bit shocked thinking - how did that happen. A few minutes later she giggles and says the same thing again, proudly displaying yet another one. Well apparently dear ol' Mom and Dad are not paying attention. I said "What are you doing to make that happen?" Lots of giggles and she explains what she has done "Nibble off the end....lick it........nibble off the end of another one......lick it......then stick them together......like this" Proudly displaying yet again another "S". Dear daughter of mine, where did you learn this? Grinning from ear to ear she says "At school from M" (a little boy in her class who I will be nice to his parents and not put his name out there for the world to see) Oh the joys of the lunchroom :-) Sorry I didn't take any pictures, fingers were too cheesy to hold the camera.....not that I was making any 'S's" of my own.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's a hoot!

Locketts said...

What fun! You may have a future scientist on your hands. Props to you for not saying (as a lot of moms would have), "Ewwww, go wash your hands." Way to have the patience to find the background story. I love your sweet family!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know who reads your blog from Frost, TX via
3locketts.blogspot.com - I'm Josh's mom (Judy) and have enjoyed getting to know your family through the blog and through Autumn. I admire your patience and trust in God with all your family antics and happenings. Thanks for sharing and for being pals with our Oklahoma Locketts!

Mom to Four said...

Thanks for reading and your sweet words Judy-I adore your sweet granddaughter and admire Josh and Autumn's love and service to one another. You did an amazing job raising a son and am so glad they are in Oklahoma for at least awhile :-)

Anonymous said...

Sweet Niece, I don't always comment but when I am where I can, I always try to see what is going on in your world. I always enjoy reading about your wonderful family. Sorry we weren't able to get together while I was there this time. Between the weather and your Dad not being well, along with all the other craziness, it just didn't work out. Hope to see you soon. I will be back for my Josh's graduation in May. Love you and miss you.
Aunt Melba