Friday, August 14, 2009

Jalapeno or Palomino


This afternoon Daddy and the two oldest headed to Roaring River, our favorite place to go camping. They will spend all day tomorrow trout fishing. At the last minute, Tony's dad decided to go. Kade quickly pointed out that Big Sister would be the only girl, she smiled proudly and said 'Yep, I know.........I will be spoiled' Too funny that girl is. I know they will have a great time fishing and enjoy their time away from home and in the great outdoors. This also means I have the little two at home, whom feel a bit left out. So I told them we could go out for dinner and on a little shopping trip. We choose a mexican restaurant (such a surprise) and sat outside on the patio among the misters. We enjoyed a fun game of 'I Spy' while waiting on the food and devouring the chips, tortillas, queso and salsa. When our food arrived I asked J if she wanted to pour some salsa (which she eats by the spoonfuls) on her rice and she said no but that she would take the green things off my plate. She said she ate them all the time in Ghana and they are yummy. She was referring to the jalapenos on my plate.

I said "Are you sure you want these? They are spicy" Confidently she said yes and took several off my plate and mixed them into her rice. I leaned over to Ma and said "Watch her face, I do not think she is going to like them" J took a big bite of rice with a jalepeno on top and chewed once or twice before the look of shock was on her face. Ma started laughing so hard, which made J giggle. I encouraged her to swallow quickly and get a drink. The two girls laughed and laughed as J tried to get the taste off her tongue, trying many antics. Then Ma says "J I can't believe you ate a Palomino!!"and bursts out laughing. What Mom doesn't giggle when her children are enjoying a good belly role of laughter, but add a misuse of words stated so confidently......well let's just say the three of us were in tears from laughing so hard. Good thing we were already outside or we might have been kicked out. When I finally stopped laughing long enough to explain the difference between a horse and a pepper the girls laughed even harder. We headed for a 'shopping spree' at the Dollar Tree. They now have an overflowing drawer of hair accessories and a little bag to carry their goodies in. We are finishing off the evening snuggled together watching a 'girlie' movie.

2 comments:

Locketts said...

Mexican food AND Dollar Tree? Hair goodies AND movie snuggles? Please call us next time!

Mom to Four said...

will do-would love to add more girls to the fun!