Sunday, August 16, 2009

Birthday Celebration





Here is the "Fancy Cake" with the 'make up' that J and her Oma made. We had a family celebration tonight for her and my niece Hannah, who's birthday is the day after J's. Hannah and my sister made a "Pony Cake" with a big purple candle 5 in the middle. Unfortunately, Hannah was a bit under the weather and didn't feel much to eating cake. So the wonderful Aunt that I am ;-) I told her to take her cake home and eat it when she felt better. I didn't think it was fair for us to eat it in front of her. So we all shared the make up cake and it was quite yummy. The girls did a great job of sharing the spotlight, which is a norm for family parties in our family with so many birthdays close together. This was J's second birthday celebration, this past Thursday we surprised her with a party at Chuck E Cheese (pictures to come) with two other families. It was the perfect size party and on an 'off' night so the restaurant was not crowded. She enjoyed wearing the birthday crown, dancing with Chuck E Cheese and eating her favorite food-Pizza. Tonight when I tucked her in, I told her we would no longer have a six year old in our house, in the morning she would be 7. Big Sister stated very matter of fact "Mom, just wait till January and Ma will turn 6" Oh geez! I am glad they are growing up but..........I miss the 'little ones'.

2 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

Yay! Happy Birthday J!!!! Love that Fancy Cake you made! You should make me one for my birthday next year!

Locketts said...

I have a "little one" that you can borrow any time you need some snuggles:) LOVE you blog!