Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another word confusion



I think with all the changes (stress) that J is experiencing her English kind of goes out the window at times. Sometimes it is in the understanding of words, other times it is trying to find the words to express her thoughts, and sometimes it is using the wrong word-which seems to be the most entertaining to all. She catches herself occasionally right after she has used the wrong word and giggles and says "That's not right." A sibling or parent fills in the sentence with one or two words that she can choose from. I have been amazed at all our kids vocabulary and the words they use to describe the same thing. Today at lunch, J was telling the Princess and I all about her time with Oma (Tony's mom) and the cake they baked for her birthday. She got to go to the store and choose the kind of cake she wanted to make, the icing and the decorations. She said they baked it and were waiting for it to 'get cold' so she could "put the make up on it". Princess responds in a giggle "You are putting make up on your cake!?!?" J says "Yes.....pink pink make up" Princess says "I think you mean icing" The girls giggled for a long time about that word mix up and I am sure they will share that story many more times. I am looking forward to eating the make up cake with a crown on it, pictures to come.

(Sorry the last few pictures have been so huge-can't figure out why-I am checking the smaller image box, but as you see they are not small)

2 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

I want to see you wear that granny coral lipstick you have in that picture! lol

Mom to Four said...

ha ha ha! first I would have to have make up in the house to put on ;-) stole the pic from google