Monday, March 23, 2009

Tulips or Toilets


My favorite flower is a tulip. Yeah for spring 'cause they are blooming all over and even in my own yard!!! I planted some several years and a few less kids ago under our pine trees in the front yard. The last year or two not as many have bloomed. But thanks to the great ice storm last winter turning both are huge, tall pine trees into pencil sticks-there must be plenty of light and no pine needles to try and grow through. All that to say-I have my favorite flower growing right outside my door. The other day when they started blooming I squealed in delight. Jennifer was trying to figure out what I was so excited about and when I said the "tulips" she heard the "toilets" and kept looking around the yard saying "What!?!?" Finally when I took her to the tulips and said it about a dozen more times I think she finally figured out the difference in the words. Of course lots of giggles were had by all :) I was taking a picture of just the tulips which also seemed strange to J so she offered to be in the pics too-never misses an opportunity to be in the spotlight.

4 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

I love flowers that come back by themselves! No dirt under the finger nails!!! woohoo!

Anonymous said...

too funny!!!

and, tulips are my favorite as well...i love the ones on 36th in front of the b.haven shopping center.

m

Anonymous said...

that is such a cute story.....it's funny since our daughter called toilet tissue - tulip tissue....forever, and we still go to the store to buy the tulip tissue!

Anonymous said...

Kids are amazing. Your flowers are beautiful, it doesn't get cold enough in Arizona, I can't seem to get Tulips to grow.
Aunt M