Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year.....New Start

Well it has been FOREVER since I really posted anything on here and that is because......I believe if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything (most of the time I follow thru with that). So am I saying that the last few months have been all 'not nice'-no-in fact there have been some really great things going on as well. Hopefully, over the next few weeks I will get some pictures posted of some of the fun. In the meantime I will share a bit (sorry no pictures) about the struggle in writing. I am an honest person who typically just lays it all out there but I am also a person who puts my children first and I am having a hard time balancing these two. I would like to share the joys and struggles we are facing, but I am not sure how much is too much to share, how much is too much for my children's sake? I know that many of you reading this lift our family up in prayer, rejoice with us and encourage us but I am fully aware that there are probably a few who would take these words and use them to 'harm' our family and that is why I haven't written. Two things in the last few weeks that have encouraged me to pick back up the blog 1) I think we have a responsibility to educate others about 'invisible disabilities' and 2) the amount of encouragement, hope, laughter and the feeling that I am not alone in this parenting endeavor that I am blessed with from reading other blogs is truly a Godsend. There are moments when reading the honesty and struggles of other moms has taken the "I am alone....I am losing my mind.....I am a bad parent...." away. Reading others' blogs has also helped me put into perspective our struggles and realize how blessed we are.

All that to say-I will try to keep this blog updated. For others-hopefully a bit of encouragement, a feeling of togetherness, maybe even a laugh and of course some pictures for all of you out of town folks :-) For myself-to share with others about our life both the joys and struggles and to shed a bit of light about our adoption journey. Looking forward to a great year in 2010-growing as the daughter of the King, growing as a family and moving into our dream home!!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have to say my new years blog was about as soulbaring as I have dared to get on mine as well. Part of my hold back is my kids also...but some of it is in a different way. While I would love to share my griefs and get support and virtual hugs, my kids are older and can read/access my blog (not that I think they do!)(not to mention their friends might and could use it against them)and I don't feel right airing all our dirty laundry like that. So I keep the blog and FB mostly joys and good news. But I understand your feeling of wanting to educate people who have or are considering taking the path you are on. Dang..this is a blog on your comments! Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, welcome back sweet niece. I understand what you are saying but truly miss hearing from you. Reading your blog and the response above makes me a bit teary eyed for both. Hang in there, I love you both.
Aunt M