Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Princess and Old Folks


On Friday she got to go on two field trips-lucky kid-of course her siblings were quite jealous. The first trip was a morning adventure to the county fair, including getting to pet some baby goats and sheep. The trip in the afternoon was to a local 'day out program' for senior citizens. Her school has been taking the kindergartners for a visit for a couple of years now-and I am not sure who likes it more the little ones or the big ones. They did their usual singing of songs and then played some games and made a craft. This trip was in honor of Grandparents day. When I picked her up from school she came beaming to the car wearing proudly a noodle necklace that was every color of the rainbow. "Mom-look at my necklace I made! This one I made for me. I also helped my new friend make one for her." So of course I ask her about her new friend and I hear "Ummmmm......I can't remember her name, but she was one of the Grandmas we played with today. I think she really liked my help-we smiled a lot. We also played 'whack-o-mole'........we were both pretty good.........had a lot of FUN!" She also said all the Grandpas and Grandmas smiled a bunch-so she had done her job :-) I had reminded her when I dropped her off where they were going and that I thought there might be some kids a bit hesitant to make friends with all the Grandparents, so I encouraged her to keep a smile on her face to help her friends see what a great time she was having.
I love her school and the experiences my kids have had there, I am quite sad this is the last year for a Waggoner kid to be there.

Another 'old folk' story....while at a fast food restarauant Princess says "I think I see somebody that is.....I mean looks like a president." I look around the resteraunt, only to see another family and three elderly ladies at the counter ordering. "Ma, I am not sure who you are talking about, can you tell Mommy with out pointing, who you are talking about?" She says with a grin on her face the one with the red shirt, so as I am trying to figure out why she thinks an 80 year old lady looks like a president the lightbulb goes off............her hair! "Ma, you think her hair looks like the pictures of the old presidents?" Yep-that is it-too funny that she probably couldn't name many old presidents but she could tell you what their hair looked like. She indeed is our fashion Princess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cute.
Aunt Melba