Sunday, January 30, 2011

Brother is Nine!


Our one and only 'little man' is nine years old today. Didn't think it was a monumental birthday or at least one that I would have trouble with until thinking that meant next year he would be in double digits....meaning he would no longer be a 'little kid'. He is such a remarkable sweet spirited guy. I am so thankful we were blessed with such remarkable weather for January yesterday. All of our kids were excited to have a 'home' birthday party this year, since we now have space to have friends over, however he wanted his outside. Leading up to this week we have had some snow, some ice, and a lot of cold wind this winter. I had been preparing him to adapt his perfect party plans to include a lot of inside games. Yesterday though was a beautiful 75 degrees! An absolute perfect day for an outside party (pictures to follow-maybe)-nerf guns, capture the flag, airplane flying and lots of running. Returning home from his basketball game he says "Mom, God sure is blessing me today....I made some baskets in my game and I was only hoping to make one...we won our first basketball game...and this weather is just beautiful for my party...God sure is good to me!" I love my son's heart.

He is a compassionate kid who honestly hurts when he sees others hurting. He loves life and lives in every moment. He easily gets excited over the littlest things, reminding us all to find joy in the little things. Every morning he comes hopping down the stairs, fully dressed for the day with a smile on his face and greeting me with a kiss and a "Good Morning Momma!". I hope he never out grows my morning greeting. He has the attitude that he can do anything he sets his mind too, regardless of how skilled he is at the task he doesn't shy away. He is an outspoken voice and leader in the classroom/playground, often speaking up for the guy/girl who is being left out. He loves his sisters, some days more than others. The princess holds a special place in his heart though, I can not wait to see how their unique relationship grows and matures.

He is a gentlemen-opening doors for me and others. He is a physical touch kid who has no concept of personal space, he prefers to be touching you in some way-whether leaning on you, mauling all over you, or holding your hand. I admire his love for life, his confidence in the Lord, his excitement for meeting Jesus face to face in Heaven. It is indeed an honor to be his Momma, thank you God for blessing me with such a remarkable son!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He really is a remarkable young man. So sweet and loving. Glad he had a wonderful Birthday (although everyday seems to be wonderful to him).
Lots of love from Aunt Melba