Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Little Help....

We are trying something new for the kiddos having to endure some 'fit throwing'. We are in a little space-no place really to escape the sights, sounds, etc of one on a rage. Thanks to someone's blog I read (can't remember who or I would give them credit) we have started rewarding the ones having to listen and watch, wait patiently for Mom's attention, etc. They have been rewarded with some extra tv time, extra reading time at night, drink/dessert at S0nic.....So today Brother noticed that J was about to escalte-very in tune he is-so he says "Hey J....now would be a great time to throw a fit, because I would love some ice cream" She looked at him a bit shocked, I guess if I was looking in the mirror I would have seen a shocked face as well. He continued "If you scream and I have to listen to it, I get to help Mom come up with a reward for having to listen to it......I would like some ice cream". Well I guess his little challenge was enough to stop the escalating, she did not like that idea and kept her cool. A little later he said "well.....guess I can hope we get ice cream for dessert later". I think a little help from Brother is what I needed today and hope it works again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a smart boy- love it!

missy

Anonymous said...

I agree, very smart little boy. Great that J caught on and held off. A little relief for Mom. :)
Aunt Melba