Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Putting books away the Ghanian way


I asked the kids to help their books find the book shelf (you know that place where the books 'belong' when they are not being read). Quite a large pile had accumulated in the living room. I asked them each to grab a stack and put them back on the shelf. Well of course this turned into a little friendly competition, seeing who could carry the most books at once. Jennifer proceeded to get a large stack together and place them on her head-so the other three thought they would try this method too. Let's just say it's a good thing books aren't breakable, because I think they spent more time falling on the floor than staying on their heads. Kuddos to our children born in America  for trying this new way of carrying, but our Ghanaian Princess is by far the master at this skill. I am amazed at what the woman can carry on their heads and what they can do while a load is perched on their head!

2 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

I think my head is too rounded to carry much this way! Good job kiddos!!!

Anonymous said...

We can definately see who it is easier for. Fun way to clean up. They are creative. When I was in school, we had to walk with a book on our head to practice good posture.
Aunt Melba