Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5th Fireworks

It is truly amazing the changes that take place in just one short year. Last year, as I watched the fireworks or should I say slept thru the fireworks, I had just returned from Ghana. I spent an amazing week and a half serving the Ghanian people by distributing mosquito nets and falling in love with Ghana and her people. We flew home on July 3rd. So last year I was a bit sleep deprived and had a lot on my mind. There were forty kids sitting in a orphanage that not only needed families but many improvements needed to take place at the orphanage. My heart was still in Ghana, I was thrilled to be home with my family but the abundance of yummy homemade food was not only too much on my shrunken tummy but hard to accept knowing so many were going with out. But perhaps the biggest 'thing' on my sleep deprived mind was the little something my husband had told me just hours ago-"We are suppose to adopt Jennifer". My response-"I am not so sure that is what God is wanting, let's pray about it and see" (of course I had a thousand questions, 'what ifs' and she was not only over 3 years old, she was a 'she'-you see in my plans we would adopt someday-a boy under three. Well I think you all know that we followed God's path, not JJ's. Praise God for a husband who was listening and continued to pursue when I was still waiting for the clear sign from God of what we were to do (and as some of you know we were blessed with many 'rainbows' to remind us of His promises)
sorry for the blurry pics-but at least I took some
So this year as we watched fireworks-all 6 of us-on July 5th thanks to the rain last night, I spent the time thinking about what has transpired in one short year. We have been so blessed to have traveled the road of adoption that God has laid before us, continually paving the road. I am happy to say that 4 of the 40 children now have families!!! There is a local adoption agency pursuing Ghanian adoptions! I can not wait to see what the Lord has planned for our next year.

1 comment:

Matt & Carrie said...

awesome family memories being made! hugs to all!