Thursday, June 18, 2009

Observations from the Splash Pad


not sure why the picture is so small, apparently I didn't do something right-oh well-just squint :)
I spent the afternoon at the city Splash Pad with the kiddos and some friends. FYI- a great place to people watch, almost as good as the airport. Not that people watching is a hobby, but it sure can be entertaining and apparently to my littlest one thought so, too. Here are a few of the statements I heard as we 'observed':

"Mom............that boy over there.......the bigger boy(meaning older)...........I like his swimsuit, but he really needs to pull his shorts up............doesn't he know his undies are hanging out?"

"Mom.............why do people smoke? Do they not know they are turning their lungs black and filling them up with yucky stuff?"
"Not sure why people choose to smoke, but you are right it is not good for you"
She then says "Maybe I should tell her, she might not know it's bad for you"
As much as I would have loved to watch that encounter take place, I didn't think this particular gal would be so fond of my princess giving her a little education on smoking. So I did not encourage her.

After she had been playing with a new friend she had just met, she came to sit with me and take a snack break. They had been filling cups with water and dumping them on each other and siblings. 
Very matter of fact she says "Did you notice she only has one hand?"
Me: "Really?"
Princess: "She just held the cup with one hand and used her other arm like a hand...........she didn't need two hands..................guess that's the way God made her."



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that we were all as wise as our Princess.

Anonymous said...

such a profound statement for a little girl...sounds like your people watching at the splashpad turned out to be an very insightful experience through the eyes of a very wise child!