Saturday, March 12, 2011

Where to go....

When we started this blog it was to help keep everyone up to date about our adoption, of our newest family member, to help out of town folks up to date on the daily happenings of our family...often forgotten and neglected the blog posts kept getting more sporadic. I have been challenged to post more often.
I realize how much I NEED the posts written by a particular group of women, how much these posts have been uplifting, encouraging, refreshing, full of hope, sometimes bringing tears to my eyes at other times laughter...but always the feeling of I AM NOT ALONE!

Last weekend was spent surrounded by amazing mothers who 'get it'. A weekend full of acceptance and love, close to 70 women from all walks of life-varying ages, number of children, number of miles traveled, length of time on this journey..... all who love deeply and passionately love, who are not giving up, who have an unending amount of patience (yes ladies you do) and acceptance. What is the one thing we all have in common....we are mothers to a child(ren) who is a survivor of early trauma, children with attachment issues. Our children are not identical but they are similar and the 'crazy' they add to our homes is something that only those parenting truly 'get'. I am blessed by wonderfully supportive parents and friends (some who have done almost as much research on RAD as I have) but have never met (as in the flesh) another momma of a RAD kiddo until last weekend.....thanks to this amazing woman Corey. She and a handful of others gave so much of their time, energy as they poured themselves into the behind the scenes as they planned a weekend to bring together other mothers like themselves, for that I will be forever grateful!
Not sure what the future of this blog is but know that there are women who continually encourage me and I am sure there is something I could write to encourage them...

2 comments:

Katherine said...

JJ, I imagine dealing with an attachment issue can be extremely difficult for you and the rest of your family who have healthy, positive attachments. I am such a huge believer in the attachment theory, and am truly interested in some of the information that you run across as you are dealing with this in your family. Please do not shy away from informing us when you get new and interesting information. Thanks for your transparency!

Anonymous said...

A loving family can work magic. Hang in there.

So glad you had a wonderful weekend with Moms supporting and uplifting each other.
Love you.
Aunt Melba