Monday, March 14, 2011

Life on the Funny Farm

So if we are 'friends' on FB this post will not come as a surprise to you. Seems as though every time I go out of town my dear sweet husband makes a purchase that he knows I wouldn't 'approve' of. The first time I went to Ghana, via email I learned- -oh by the way I bought a Harley-he had buried that little tidbit in the middle of an email he sent. Guess he figured as I read the email with my preacher by my side I couldn't kill him that or the 24 hour time of travel to get home, he was safe. For my birthday he 'bought me' a donkey who happened to come with the name "Donkey" of course pronounced like Shreck. Way too many jokes about that one-thanks friends.
The latest purchase while I was out of town spending the weekend with amazing mommas, he and the kids bought all the fixings for chickens....how would mean 'ol mom make them get rid of all the goods. And now we have baby chicks, too many too count! I guess I should have known that finally getting the home of my dreams meant it was going to come with some new creatures...so if you come to visit don't be surprised if you are greeted with a big sign welcoming you to the Funny Farm! The lesson maybe you are thinking I should have learned: Don't go out of town. Well, forget that I need an occasional escape from the Funny Farm.
Would love some help coming up with something I could purchase/acquire while he is out of the country this summer.....any ideas?

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

JJ,
I'm your "visitor" from Broken Arrow! SO fun to see your family and read all that's going on in your life! Tell Tony, Hi and your family is beautiful!
Adrienne Bratton Barnes

Mom to Four said...

Adrienne-Thanks for reading and for commenting! Hope all is well with you and your family. Would love to see you when you are in town.

Anonymous said...

You have such an amazing hubby and he always has such wonderful gifts for you? :) So many fun memories for the kids. A really fun loving family live at that Funny Farm.
Love you.
Aunt Melba