Saturday, February 5, 2011

Daddy Daughter Dance

Dad and the Little Sisters
Our city hosts a wonderful evening for Dads and Daughters to get dressed up and dance together. What started as something quite small a few years ago has become quite large and is now three different dance times held in the ballroom of a local hotel. From what I am told (no moms allowed) there are tables of cookies and punch and a big dance floor that is never empty. What a wonderful evening Dads have for setting the bar high in teaching their daughters about dating. From such a young age our girls have learned from one of the best as to what to expect on a date-100% gentlemen, opening doors, flowers, compliments, etc. I love the fact that Dad will dance for hours with his little girls, even when I can't get one dance out of him at awedding. He truly makes them feel like princesses. Although, he takes the girls on individual dates throughout the year, this evening is indeed special for them all.
The Princess
The Ghanaian Princess
This year he took the little two to the first dance, picked up the oldest and took them all to dinner and then took Big Sister to the last dance. I am sure she is getting close to getting to the age of not wanting to go dancing with Dad, but not yet-he is still the guy who holds the moon in her eyes.
I am not sure who this young lady is and what she has done with Big Sister!?!
Perhaps, what I like most about this evening though is I get a date with my little man out of it. He is such a gentleman-opens my doors, pulls out my chair, let's me order first, holds my hand, etc. Tonight he had two things on his date night list: to go to a restaurant that serves fried okra and cinnamon rolls(at first it was jello) and to rent a movie. After dinner I asked him if he wanted to go anywhere else and he said "Let's just go home....turn on the warm blanket and snuggle watching a movie". What a perfect night we had and I think we are the only 2 in the family who will be able to wear shoes in the morning, a lot of tired dancing feet in this house.

Brother and his Date

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a wonderful evening each year for all of you. Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Aunt Melba

Anonymous said...

I would love a copy of the pictures. I couldn't get them big enough to save.
Aunt Melba